15th-17th November 2016, Colombo, Sri lanka
The Microinsurance sector has experienced persistent growth in client outreach and premium volumes over the past ten years. Today, more than 260 million low-income citizens in developing countries are covered by an insurance policy. Nonetheless, many people are still without cover. With the global middle class expected to grow to nearly five billion within two decades, we are looking at billions of people who are without a safety net and at risk of falling back into poverty.
The need to respond to this situation by improving supply to meet the increasing demand will be the main focus of the 12th International Microinsurance Conference, from 15th to 17th November 2016, in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Representatives from insurance and reinsurance companies, investment funds, international organizations, NGOs and development-aid agencies, academics, policymakers and supervisory regulators will attend the conference. Participants will exchange views on current growth trends and risks in emerging markets, as well as key factors for successful implementation and maximized business opportunities to bring supply and demand to the next level.
The Financial Sector Deepening Trust (FSDT) is keen to provide individuals that fit the criteria (below) with the unique opportunity to further expand their knowledge of the Microinsurance practice at a global stage, by sponsoring their participation at the 12th International Microinsurance Conference, in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
FSDT’s sponsorship will comprise of the registration fees, air travel, visa fees (will be refunded), allowances for accommodation, as well as meals and incidentals.
To qualify for the FSDT sponsorship, applicants must:
- Be practicing Microinsurance or be about to launch a Microinsurance product/solution;
- Never have attended, or been sponsored by FSDT to attend a Microinsurance conference before;
- Be committed to write and submit a conference report a week after the conference;
- Be willing to share the experience at a FSDT industry forum;
- Draft and commit to the implementation of a Microinsurance action plan for their organization by 15th December 2016;
- Have a valid passport at the time of submitting their application, including vaccination cards;
- Submit a ‘no-objection’ from their employers to attend the conference;
- Provide a one-page explanation of why you wish to attend the 12th International Microinsurance Conference.
The deadline for submission is Monday 24th October, 2016, COB.
Successful candidates will be contacted by Tuesday 25th October, 2016. FSDT’s decision is final; if you have not heard from FSDT by Wednesday 26th October, then the application was unsuccessful.
You can submit your applications at:
For more information about the conference, please visit:
FSDT is still accepting applications for the Bima Challenge. To apply, please visit:
www.fsdt.or.tz/bimachallenge and stand a chance to BeTheDifference!